Oman offers following advantages to the foreign investors to invest in oman.
- Political Stability.
- Liberal foreign ownership in companies permitted.
- Oman is rich in oil and gas.
- Capital and profits of a business entity is fully repatriable.
- No personal income-tax. All individuals can fully repatriate their savings.
- Committed to privatization, industrialization, economic diversification and development.
- Free trade and open market policy.
- Low income tax rate structure for companies and double taxation relief treaties available with many countries.
- Income tax holiday period of five years renewable for further period of five years, available for business entities engaged in priority areas of economic development.
- Geographically ideally located, proximity to Gulf, Asian and African markets.
- Well regulated stock exchange.
- Industries fulfilling certain conditions can get interest free/soft loans, exemption from custom duty on import of plant, equipment and raw materials and export credit insurance.
- Government leased land available at a concessional rate with good utilities.
- Modern infrastructure with good roads, airports, sea ports, and state of the art telecommunications and other services.
- English is used widely in day to day business commerce.
- Free trade zones in Salalah, Sohar, etc., offering attractive benefits to investors viz. full foreign ownership, low Omanisation, tax and custom exemption etc.